Tuesday, October 23, 2012







We all of a sudden have an explosion of baby blankets here in the house. Most are from my pile of half finished projects and I am so happy to finally have them done! Who cares that they are all fairly impractical, and will probably be most useful making a colorful stack in R's closet. 
You've seen the granny square before and an almost-done postage stamp quilt, but here they are all together, all finished. The only new project of the bunch is the large grey comforter and that we will use. As the temperatures drop here I knew I needed to get something warm in R's crib. I used a beautiful double gauze Nani Iro print that I bought a while ago and a pink linen with wool batting. It's my first time making anything like this and though I am really happy with it at the moment, I am anxious to see how it looks after its first washing.  So far R is not quite sure what to do with it and I mostly find it crumpled in a little ball in the morning and her sleeping right on top. Hopefully it's still doing some of its job. 



1 comment:

  1. You are so productive! How do you find the time? The quilts all look great.

    ReplyDelete